Sunday, May 17, 2009

Borneo Pt. 4

Dear Diary,

Finally...the very final part of my first work trip report around Borneo Island last month.

Anyway, how are y'all doing? Weekend is approaching...so, any exciting plans?

I am at a cyber cafe near to my place with a flatmate. We are now indulging our off days, and to accumulate, this is my 4th day off in a row after returning home from other work trip. I feel so sloth now. Ha!

So, I was in Kuching again, and we arrived at the airport just few minutes before the arrival time of the private jet that carried the Deputy PM of Malaysia--Muhyiddin Yassin. He was on an official visit to the city.

Malaysia Airlines B-734 and the Fokker F-27

Later that evening, I did accompany a colleague to this place.

Kedai kek lapis y'all!

My jaw dropped as soon as I entered the premise.

I was like a boi in a candy shop. There were hundreds of types of Kek Lapis here. (Kek Lapis=Layer Cake)



And I took that opportunity to buy some for family back in KL.

They sell each box for RM 10 only (equiv to USD3).


The place is located just opposite to the Hilton Kuching, but you need to take a boat ride across the river la.


Later, we walked to the Sarawak Handicrafts area along the riverside. And I found this!

Never that I know that Sarawak pon ade tanam teh!

My colleague and I ended our trip with a sip at the hotel restaurant!

Yummm....

Watch out for this space for more report after this ;)

U know u love me, xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails