Monday, September 08, 2008

Ramadhan Special 2: The Manhattan Fish Market

Hey hi,

How was the weekend. I had a pretty laid-back one last week. Still in the middle of the fasting month, after all. So don't expect a super hype weekend--parties and all.

Anyway, I went to this restaurant couple of weeks ago. To be honest, that was my first time there, to the Manhattan Fish Market. Bear in mind that I rarely eat fish. Well, I dislike fish actually. I just don't fancy the texture and the bland taste.

The menu, I opted for the first one. Still expensive on a single meal for a weekday lunch.



The mushroom soup, which tasted OK to my preference. Slightly better than the one from Pizza Hut.


And the main course. Aiyo, the fries were nothing special. The hot vege were overcooked and the white fish was super 'unfulfilling'. The portion was far too small for that fckin RM18 (incl tax).


And they served in this metal plate! What? The feeling was like you ate at an Indian restaurant!

And I certainly didn't like much this sharing idea, where I constantly had to ask the waiter again and again for the garnishing!


So, as a self-proclaimed food connoisseur, I give this restaurant 2 out of 5 stars. The reasons:
-the service was rather very² slow
-the price was slightly expensive than any similar restaurants
-the mood-setting wasn't there, well, I might be wrong

All in all, I have to say that the food certainly wasn't worth every penny I paid. I'm afraid that was my first and my last time having a meal there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails