Monday, September 15, 2008

CLEO 50 Most Eligible Bachelors Wrap Up

Short Talk

Scene 1
My 3rd elder brother: Kau dah carik keje ke?
Me: Dah
My 3rd elder brother: Kat mane?
Me: MAS, dah dapat dah pon.
My 3rd elder brother: Apsal tak mintak Air Asia?
Me: Apsal pulak?
My 3rd elder brother: Boleh ko jerit 'Air, air, air...' time ko tolak tong tu
Me: Buduh!

Scene 2
My 2nd elder brother: Along (his 4 y.o son), pegi buat baik dengan Busu (me) tu. Nanti dia naik aeroplane pegi sane siniiii......Boleh mintak macam².
Me: .........

---------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: It was 2 in the morning when I tapped this entry. It was the moment when I was un-creative to write anything. I am sure, you too, ne?

Good day,

As I listened to the music played on my computer yesterday, the player out of the blue shuffled to a song, a special song actually. A song that I certainly forgotten of its existence. It is one of the most memorable songs in my life. It is called No One by Alicia Keys.

Anyway, it is not the song that is the main subject here, but the 2008 CLEO 50 Most Eligible Bachelors (MEB) that I was in not so long ago. Read more to know why.

Around late December last year, I received a text message from a girl pal telling me about the whole bachelor thingy. She suggested me to give a go. I said OK, why not? Plus I know someone that was in the competition a year before too, and he also suggested me to try. It is good to be in the limelight sometime, somehow, heh?

For those who don’t know what 50 MEB is about, it is actually something similar like beauty pageant, but for males, organized by a female magazine called CLEO. It is the tamer version of Australia’s and Singapore’s 50 MEB (if you know what I mean).

This is me, during the Nomination Day at The Curve, Damansara. Dated Jan 5, 2008.



And these were my very first supporters, the girls from the CLEO team itself.

At first, I was really skeptical to be selected as one lucky guy in that fifty. You know, one of the criteria’s for the contestants in order to be able to compete in the challenge is to have a stable job, and I was only a final year student at that time.

It was long until I was showered with phone calls on one fine morning telling me that I was in.

And this is the cover of the magazine, April 2008.


And…
Ta~duh!!!

And the rest of the guys…


And this was taken at The Preview Day held at The Curve. Dated April 5, 2008

And last but not least, at the Final Party at Zouk. Dated Apr 25, 2008.
Dina was singing No One at that night, and that is the reason why I call the song a memorable one.



Other than the whole events held at The Curve and Zouk club in KL, I was also picked up as one in that 20 lucky guys to be in the Deal Or No Deal, 50 MEB Special Edition that was shot in May. I am still waiting for the episode to be aired soon. I was holding a Somsonite briefcase with RM 250 value at that time. Click here to read the review.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank to all my voters, supporters (if any) and of course, to the one who recommended me to join the competition. Well, I did not win any prizes, but all in all, it was a good experience for me. I learned a lot, and I received a lot too. Ha ha.

Nanti, lepas raye, we keluar makan again, OK?

u know u love me, xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails