Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Mamutik & Manukan Island Trip

Greetings,

I am simply exhausted now. Last night was spent in Sibu and tomorrow I am off to Bali for work. This would be my very first duty flight to the island.

Speaking of island, I was lucky enough to get a chance to visit Mamutik and Manukan island, both in Sabah.


They are both located just off the coast of Kota Kinabalu in Sabah.

A visit to the city is not complete without going to these islands. Ha!
From KK town, proceed to Jesselton Jetty, that takes roughly 10 mins by taxi. I was fortunate enough that the hotel I stayed at located nearby to the jetty. So, I walked there ;)


And the boat fare vary to the number of the island we want to visit. Like my case, I visited 2 islands so the fare was RM 23 per pax, which means it will be slightly cheaper if I visit one.

Ah....don't forget the tax too. I used my student card, so I paid half.

I went to the island with someone.

And she is no other than my batchmate at MAS Flying Academy, Sang Nina.


The first island we visited was the Manukan island.


The water was so clear. I can even see Nemo half way to the island.


And I must remind you, all visitors need to pay another tax/fee upon arrival(?).
Errr.....how do I explain this now. The whole expenses was 'cheap' but 'not cheap'.


We then looked for a shady place as soon as we got our feet on the island. Nina did not join me for a splash though since she left her bikini back in KL (pandai aku cover)


Aiyoo.....I made a mistake, I should have brought my snorkeling gear. I rented the set and wasted RM 20 for it.

Later, we moved to Mamutik island. I like Mamutik to Manukan since the beach is longer and less dead coral near to the shore.

Muke keriangan

OK OK, it was so hot and my face was soooo burnt.
Being a crew, I need to take care of my asset
la kan, that is my skin. Thanks to Biotherm.


Later, we discovered this.


And what a visit to the beach without having a Cornetto. Comel tak? Ha ha


We returned to the mainland after another couple of hours on the beach.


Before walking back to the hotel, I decided to make a detour to the souvenir shops at the Jetty for the postcards ;)

And later stopped by at the hotel bar for a drink before I snoozed off to la la land.


U know u love me, xoxo

ps: Very the mengan......zzzZZZZZZZZ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails