Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kuala Lumpur vs Malacca

Dear Diary,

I am now in Melaka (that is the Malay spelling, Malacca being the English) for a day visit. I am here to settle down few stuffs before returning to KL this afternoon. Honestly, I am missing this city very much. I used to live here for 6 years for my degree. I can tell that the development of the city is blooming like crazy. It is the other version of Dubai located in the Straits of Malacca!

The Eye on Malaysia is finally in the state, permanently (officially launch Nov 7). And the other thing I noticed is the control tower of the Batu Berendam Airport has almost complete. Congrats to the Minister for a well-done job ;)

And yet, I was very surprised that the price of the express coach ticket to the city from KL v v has increased too from RM 9.50 to RM 12.40! Aiyooo....

That's not my point. My point here is actually the domestic bus fares in both cities.
OK, look. Let's make a comparison. In Kuala Lumpur, I could take the bus from my house in Cheras, all the way to KLCC to Mid Valley to One Utama to Medan Tuanku v v that will only cost me at a maximal fare of RM2.00 only. And that is for unlimited bus rides that could be used on the same day the ticket is issued.

But in Melaka, I had to pay RM1.90 for a bus ride from the main station in Melaka to Ayer Keroh for a single ride only! And that journey is no more than a 30-minute ride.

How unfair?

Somebody, explain to me, pleaseee?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails